- This event has passed.
October 18, 2014 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$50
Date: Saturday & Sunday October 18-19, 2014
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm (Hamilton, ON)
Dr. Steve Paulus DO lectures on Advanced Studies in Clinical Osteopathy: Integrating Direct and Indirect Approaches in Patient Care
Steve Paulus has practiced Osteopathy and medicine for over 25 years. He graduated from the College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery in Des Moines, Iowa in 1985. He then completed a one-year internship at Heights General Hospital in Albuquerque, NM and after that entered an allopathic Family Medicine residency at the University of Nevada School of Medicine.
Dr. Paulus writes extensively on the topics of Osteopathic history, philosophy, and his personal experiences in the practice of Osteopathy. He lectures and teaches workshops in Canada, Europe, and the United States on subjects relating to Osteopathic history and clinical philosophy. He maintains a website, www.StevePaulus.com that offers practical information for patients and provides an extensive resource center that is devoted to exploring the philosophy and history of Osteopathy. He is profoundly interested in the original teachings of Andrew Taylor Still and integrates Dr. Still’s core principles into his work as an Osteopath.
Two-day Lecture Content:
- Presenting a practical taxonomy of Osteopathic Technique allowing for a holistic and intelligent application of Osteopathic Philosophy.
- Identifying when to utilize a material, or biomechanical approach vs. a nonmaterial, or bioenergetic method during the Osteopathic treatment process.
- Knowing how to differentiate when to use patient directed forces vs. Osteopath directed forces during the treatment process.
- Learning to seamlessly move between Indirect Action and Direct Action methods during an Osteopathic Treatment.
- Expanding the use of a “Cranial Osteopathic” approach in diagnosis and treatment below foramen magnum.
- Utilizing Facilitated Positional Release (FPR) as an Indirect Action approach.
- Introducing the treatment concept of Augmentation to enhance both Indirect Action and Direct Action methods. Augmentation methods include the use of Osteopath directed manual vibration and patient directed pulmonary respiratory assist.
This event is open to the CICO community only. Cost for the 2 days of lectures is $100 including HST. The CICO is free to join. To register for the event contact email@example.com.